What is Presumptive Eligibility?
- Presumptive Eligibility (PE) is early, temporary Medi-Cal for low-income pregnant women.
- You MUST apply for Medi-Cal when you are on Presumptive Eligibility.
- It provides basic prenatal care while you are waiting for your Medi-Cal approval.
Presumptive Eligibility is available to a woman who:
- Thinks she is pregnant
- Lives in California
- Does not have health insurance for prenatal care or has a high deductible
What Services are covered by Presumptive Eligibility (PE)?
- PE will pay for most prenatal services while you are on Medi-Cal.
- Pregnancy tests
- Prenatal care visits
- Basic Lab Tests
- Medically necessary ultrasounds ONLY